Many people focus on the Law of Attraction as a means to gain more money, so they imagine checks arriving in the mail, or a bigger bank account balance. I don’t think that’s the best strategy.
It’s hard to get excited about numbers.
Money is an instrumental goal. It’s a means to an end. There’s something deeper that you want, that you think money will allow you to have. That could be security, happiness, beauty, travel, or many other things.
The Law of Attraction is an energetic law. It works on emotion.
The problem is, it’s hard to really feel authentic emotion about what is essentially a tool. Think of it this way: you may daydream of having a new house, but it’s hard to get excited about a hammer and a box of nails, or a real estate agent, or any of the other things that go into a new house being yours.
I’m not saying “you could get what you want without money.” While you hear stories of people manifesting things without money, for most people, money will be involved at some point, because money is involved almost always in everything on this planet.
It’s more that money just doesn’t have the emotional draw, and can actually bring up a lot of fear, confusion, self-doubt, desperation, and other negative emotions that can get in the way of manifesting.
So, I suggest focus on what makes you feel good. In fact, reach for the most pure feeling of goodness that you can.
Mastering the Law of Attraction is about allowing your good, not imagining piles of money
The reason I suggest focusing on the pure feeling of goodness, is that it will show you right away any blocks you have to good things. And these are what actually block your ability to manifest what you want.
Try these affirmations:
- I allow all good things to come to me.
- I deserve all the good things I want.
- My life is meant to be good. (or easy, or pain-free)
Let yourself tune in deeply to anything that comes up in the form of resistance.
They will generally be thoughts like:
- Yeah, right, like anything good happens to me.
- I don’t deserve good things.
- I’m not worthy of good things.
- It’s wrong to have good things when others don’t.
- I don’t want to be selfish.
- Other people have to do X, so it’s wrong to not have to.
These are the beliefs that are blocking your good from manifesting. These also underly any negative beliefs you may have about money.
The Real “Secret” to Manifesting
So, how do you allow your good, if you don’t believe you are worthy or you believe it’s wrong or selfish to have “more” than others?
You work on healing! That is the real “Secret” to the Law of Attraction. Until you heal your emotional and energy system, you will only be able to manifest what you are currently manifesting. No amount of conscious imagining is going to overcome an unconscious full of shame, guilt, fear, or self-denial.
The exact healing you need depends on the nature of your resistance. I suggest looking through the Chakra Healing section on this site. But a quick cheat sheet is as follows:
- If you feel life is against you, start with the root chakra.
- If you feel guilty or wrong for wanting or having what you want, start with the sacral chakra.
- If you feel incapable of having what you want or changing anything in your life, start with the solar plexus chakra.
- If you feel you don’t deserve to receive, start with the heart chakra.
These are the four chakras where most self-healing that blocks manifesting need to occur. The pages above discuss which crystals are best for which chakras! And if you are not sure where to start, I recommend doing a 7 chakra crystal body layout. They cover every chakra, are simple to do, and work great as a regular self-healing practice.
Besides healing negative beliefs and thought-forms that are stuck in your energy system (chakras), there is one more inner healing that is essential to manifesting, which is to empower your inner feminine. Receiving and attracting is a feminine process. (Action and creating is masculine). Therefore, if you have any issues with your inner feminine, you are going to be blocked around receiving abundance.
How do you empower your inner feminine? Here are some ideas:
- Allow yourself to enjoy and revel in pleasure.
- Take long, luxurious rest breaks.
- Spent time painting from intuition (not trying to paint anything specific, just letting your inner guidance move your brush).
- Fill your home with flowers and wonderful scents and enjoy them.
- Spend time just connecting to yourself and being instead of doing.
- Talk to yourself in a gentle, allowing, self-embracing way.
- Notice and feel gratitude for all the small things in your life that you love.
- Reach out and connect to friends and just ask them how they are.
- Spend time in nature or with animals.
- Decorate with pictures or statues of powerful women or Goddesses you connect with.
If any of this makes you uncomfortable, that’s how you know that you need to work on it! If you can’t let yourself enjoy whatever abundance you already have, whether it is an abundance of time, friends, space, or just the sunshine on your face, then it’s going to be difficult to attract any more of it.